Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haiti Didn't Ask for the Earthquake

Haiti didn't ask for the earthquake. It came suddenly, like a flood. True, some scientists said that a catastrophe such as this was due to hit the island, and they were right, but people generally weren't expecting it. The earthquake caught the island off guard.

My heart and prayers go out to the Haitians in this troubling time. Many people died instantly. Some shortly after. Many are injured and suffering. When I watched the news this week I saw the hurt, the pain, the destruction... My heart was heavy and torn apart.

As a human being, I was empathetic to these individuals who I never even met. That's the kind of compassion that Jesus has to all mankind. He hurts when you hurt. I know God will send His mighty healing hand down and touch everybody. I'm praying for them hard and constantly.

Does God know the Haitians are suffering? Of course. Is God responsible for that? Of course not! The Bible tells us that God knows our future and He has plans for us to be successful, not destroyed. That includes Haitians! God didn't want the earthquake to hit the island.

Brothers and sisters, young people, keep the faith. A lot of people blame God or blame Haiti, but they don't know the truth. Remember, God has plans for us all to prosper!

God bless,
Elder Claudius Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment